Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simone's Astounding Balloon Newton Scooter



   Newton’s first law is that an object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless it’s acted upon by and unbalanced force. My Newton scooter was at rest until the air from the balloon (the unbalanced force) acted on it by pushing it forward. Newton’s third law of motion says that for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. This relates to my Newton car because the action is the air coming out through the straw, from the balloon. The reaction is the wheels spinning forward and making the car go forward . I had one main challenge while making the scooter. It was the wheels. This was challenging because I couldn’t keep the wheels from falling off the straws. I kept the wheels in place by putting paperclips into the straws and bent them upwards so that there was a line sticking up that kept the wheels from falling off. If I had another week to work on my Newton scooter I would probably work on making the scooter go straight instead of zig zags. My favorite part of my scooter is the balloon because it’s red, which everyone knows is the fast racing color.

By, Simone Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment