Friday, January 13, 2012

Casey's Rubber Band Newton Scooter!

Newton's first law relates to my car because my car stayed at rest until the rubber band is released and it makes the car go. The third law relates to my car because for every time the rubber band moves on the wheels, the wheels will accelerate. I had a few challenges while making my car, my biggest challenge was trying to find the right wheels. I tried CD's, but they were too skinny to make the whole car move. When I finally found the right kind of wheels (A ribbon holder... The circular thing that keeps ribbon together) It finally worked, and I was so proud. Another challenge was trying to get the right size rubber band. I needed a long enough rubber band that would power my car all the way for 1.5 meters. If I could fix one thing, i would fix the treds on the wheels. They kept coming off so that made it harder to make the car go. My favorite part of my scooter would definitely be the wheels because I worked so hard on them, and they work so well!
By: Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment