Monday, January 16, 2012

Weezie's AMAZING Newton Scooter!


Newtons first law is an "object in motion will stay in motion, and an object at rest will stay at rest unless an unbalanced force acts on it". It relates to my newton car because the unbalanced force is the air from the balloon. My car stays at rest until the air from the balloon is let out. It will only stop moving until it hits something or all the air is let out.
Newtons third law is "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction". It relates to my newton scooter because the air from the balloon is blowing backwards, and it propels my newton scooter forwards. So the action of blowing the air backwards has the opposite reaction of moving my scooter forwards.
I overcame many challenges while building my Newton scooter. The first was figuring out my design. After many attempts, I finally realized that attaching the balloon with straws made it unstable so I put popsicle sticks around the edges and it worked. Another one was that I attached my straws and popsicle sticks too low on the balloon. I eventually had to pop it and get a new one. Lastly, I had trouble with the wheels. They wouldn't roll for a while so I had to cut a large hole in the egg carton. That worked but the egg carton was so thin that the holes kept getting ripped. I cut popsicle sticks and glued them on and they worked.
Some of the thing I would have liked to change about my scooter is that I probably would have liked to make the wheels more even. I think that I did a pretty good job and there are not a whole lot of things I would've liked to fix.
My favorite part of my scooter is probably the balloon because it took a lot of work to make it attached to the egg carton and Im proud of it. I also like my wheels because it took a really long time to make them stable, but roll at the same time.

-Weezie

No comments:

Post a Comment