Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lauren's Newton Scooter





While building my newton scooter, I had it all set out and completely organized, and I think that that was my main problem. Every time I ran into something wrong with my original idea, I had trouble working around it. One issue I ran into other than that was my wheels- I could barely get them to spin. I had a great idea that would work for a different type of wheel, but mine were too thin and I was unable to get the right amount of wheels necessary for my car. I altered mine by adding a wheel and changing the way they spin. I had only had three wheels, because I had misjudged how many I needed. Some other people got an extra wheel, but not everyone could because there had been a waiting list. My newer plan was to make a more convenient shape for the car, and that way it will be easy to build and light, making it go faster with my balloon. Although it was successful, I wish I could have made it work with my original plan, rather than building off of other peoples ideas... (Thank You Weezie! :D) My favorite part of my car is the body... it's so chic. :)

-Lauren <3

1 comment: