Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rebecca's newton scooter!


Some challenges I faced was the first model of the car I made was too heavy, so I had to recreate a car that finally worked. The old car was made out of wood which weighed too much so it didn't move even though the wheels worked when I spun them myself. Another challenge was the wheels were too small so it couldn't hold up the big block of wood. I then tried making my wheels out of CD's but that didn't work because even though I kept putting more glue and things on the sides to keep them from tilting they still tilted.
My end result of my car was perfect to me and I wouldn't change anything about it. My old car was just a mess and I was stressing out so when I finally got rid of my old car and my new car worked I was so happy.
My favorite part of my scooter is the fact that it has no wheels. The wheels I kept trying to build for my old car never turned out the way I wanted them to be and they were very frustrating. No wheels made my whole scooter a lot easier to work with.
My newton scooter relates to Newton's first law because my newton scooter would've stayed in motion if my balloon didn't run out of air (that was the unbalanced force). It also was acted on by friction because it had no wheels so it was just dragging on the floor.
My newton scooter relates to Newton's third law because the action was the balloon blowing out air and the reaction was the scooter moving forward. My first draft of my scooter didn't have a reaction because it was too heavy for the balloon to move forward.
By: Rebecca Cormack

No comments:

Post a Comment