Sunday, January 15, 2012

Kyoko's Newton Scooter

Newton's 1st Law states that an object in motion will stay in motion and an object in rest will stay at rest unless an unbalanced force acts on it. This relates to my scooter because if the unbalanced force, the balloon, did not act on my car it would stay at rest. Also if there was no friction, another unbalanced force, between the straw and the string my car would've gone forever until it hits another unbalanced force like the end of the string. Newton's 3rd Law states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This law relates to my scooter because the reaction of the balloon blowing air out of the straw was it to move forward in the opposite direction. Some challenges I faced was that I had to redesign my car 3 times. I slowly started to realize that simplicity is the best way to go. I started with a really complicated design, then moved to one with less wheels, then to one with no wheels, and finally a balloon on a straw on a string. If I still had more time to revise my car, I would probably find better way to hang the string above ground besides just hanging it on two chairs. I would like more tension on the rope. My favorite part of my car is that it has no wheels and is super simple.

By Kyoko


































































No comments:

Post a Comment