Thursday, January 19, 2012

GRACE'S SPEEDY NEWTON SCOOOTER

   
Newton’s 1st law is 1) an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. 2) An object in motion in a straight line will remain in a straight line unless acted on by an unbalanced force. The Newton Scooter relates to this law because the scooter will remain at rest until the balloon pushes the scooter forward. The scooter will remain in motion until the balloon runs out of air or the scooter crashes into a chair, desk, etc. Newton's 3rd law is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The Newton Scooter relates to this law because the air going out the balloon is the action and the reaction is the car propelling away. A challenge I faced with my Newton Scooter is figuring out how to make the wheels and the body move together. I overcame this challenge by looking at others’ scooters (thanks Weezie) and why theirs worked. I ended up using a strawberry basket and CD’s to build my scooter. What I would like to fix is probably the straw connecting to the balloon because it is unstable. My favorite part of my scooter is definitely the wheels because they’re so fun to play with!  :)


-By Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment