Sunday, January 15, 2012

Franny's Balloon Newton Scooter!

Franny's Balloon Newton Scooter!


Newton's 1st law of motion states that an object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by a unbalanced force. This relates to my Newton scooter because the car is at rest until the unbalanced force (The air from the balloon) pushes it forward. Newton's 3rd law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This relates to my car because when the air escaped from the balloon (action) had an equal reaction that pushed it forward. One challenge I had to overcome was the wheels. I couldn't figure out how to keep the wheels attached to the straw. I put more straws in the wheel and the wheels fit snugly to the straws. My favorite part of my scooter is the balloon. My scooter couldn't move without it.

-- By Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment