Monday, January 16, 2012

Syd's Mystical Magical Fantastical Shamanistic Marvelous Sensational Momentous Out of the Ordinary Extraordinarily Coolioso Jubilant Funny Newton Car


Newton's first law states that an object in motion will stay in motion and an object in rest will stay in rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. This relates to my newton car because it stayed in rest and would have for eternity had I (the unbalanced force) not acted upon it.

Newtons third law (for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction) also relates to my newton car. This is because the action is the air coming out of the balloon and the straw and the reaction is pushing the car the other way, thus fueling the car.

I had many challenges when creating my newton scooter, one of them being that I wanted it to be powered by magnets but there was not enough time to make it work because it was very complicated. Another challenge was how to put the balloon so that it would not drag against the ground and create friction. One more challenge was that I didn't know how i should make the body of my car because since the axels of the wheels were oddly shaped and there wasn't a lot of stuff that i could put them between.

If I had to fix anything about my car still it would probably be making it go faster, because right now it is really slow and can only move very slowly. My favorite part about my car is the body which is a starbursts box. This box was meant for Grace as her secret snowflake but somehow ended up still in my house after Christmas. :)

By: Syd Westley (D)

No comments:

Post a Comment