Thursday, February 2, 2012

The BEST Newton Car (Coco Obviously)...

 Isaac Newton's first law states, "An object in motion will stay in motion, unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." Mine relates to this law because once the balloon puts my car in motion, it accelerates up until it hits the stool, which is the unbalanced force, causing it to stop. Newton's third law states, "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction." My newton car relates to this law, because the straw blows out force from the balloon, and that is what causes it's motion, which is the reaction. Some challenges I faced while building my newton car was the fact that no matter how hard I tried, my wheels were always unsuccessful. I basically tried every wheel design I could think of, and I was out of ideas after days of building. This idea never crossed my mind: why not be different and try a car without wheels? My car ended up being successful without wheels, after all! This helped my stretch my mind and think outside of the box!  Another challenge I faced was using a balloon. Every design I built I was confident with, but it all came down to that annoying balloon! At last minute, I found a spare pack of party balloons at my house, and compared it to the balloon I got in the science lab. It worked much more efficiently, and I was very relieved. Something I might change about my car is definitely make it more decorative, with something sign like, "Coco's Awesome Car!" Unfortunately I didn't have any time for last minute decorating, but I'm proud I made a very successful Newton Car! My favorite part about my newton car is the speed! It travels very quickly because of it's light weight, it's stable track and powerful balloon! It doesn't take more than a couple seconds to travel one and half meters! I thought that was a really awesome feature of my Newton Car. I also LOVE the color, it's a beautiful light blue! This was such a fun-tastic project and I hope to do one like it sometime soon!

By: Coco Carson Sachs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment