Friday, February 3, 2012

Katie's Newton Scooter :)


        

 





         Newton's first law states: An object in motion stays in motion, an object at rest stays at rest, unless acted on by an unbalanced force. It relates to my newton scooter because my scooter wouldn't start to go unless it had the balloon pushing it foward. It then wouldn't stop until the force acting on the scooter making it move was less then the friction acting on it. Newton's third law states: For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action. The action on my scooter was the balloon pushing out the air. The re-action was the scooter moving forward.  I  faced many challenges in the building of my newton scooter. I changed designs many times and each one has brought challenges. The first challenge was the fact that I couldn’t use pre-made wheels, I had to make my own. Also that sawing through a block of wood is much more challenging then I expected. A challenge I the whole time is not completely thinking through the design and when i was almost done with the design, figuring out a small glitch that would make the car not move. It is hard to try and figure out how to attach the balloon so that I can let air out of it, but not too much at a time or to little. The main challenge was just getting the car to move. I love my newton scooter but I would like to make it a bit more complex. I feel like it was pretty basic and yes, it did move but i just think it was pretty simple. My Favorite part of my scooter is the long stick going through the center of my scooter. I like this part because I wrapped it with pink sparkly paper :).
-By Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment