Monday, February 6, 2012

Caroline's Cool Newton Car









Newtons 1st law relates to my scooter because my scooter will stay at rest, until you coil the rubber band tightly around the axel. Once you let go, my scooter will no longer stay at rest because the rubber band is acting as an unbalanced force. Therefore my scooter will move forward. Newtons 3rd law also relates to my scooter because the rubber band coils the axel backward, but when you let go my car propels forward. This is because of the equal and opposite reaction stated in Newtons 3rd law of motion. My biggest challenge that I faced was  that the nail in my axel hit the wood of my car when it spun, preventing my car from moving. I fixed this by taking out the nail completely, and tying the rubber band around the axel in a way that it could still be coiled. If I could change one thing about my scooter, I would use a really strong and long rubber band so my car would have more force. Lastly, my favorite part of my scooter was the wheels because the CD's worked very well. 


By Caroline p. 



No comments:

Post a Comment