Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lilys Newton Scooter


For Newton’s first law the partwhere an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by an unbalancedforce relates to the Newton Scooter because my newton scooter would stay atrest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. My unbalanced force was the airpressure from the balloon causing the car to move forward. It also continueduntil I the other unbalanced force stopped it. Newton’s third law states for every action there is an equal andopposite reaction. This relates to my scooter because the balloons air blowingout was the action and the scooter moving forward was the reaction. Onechallenge I had was attaching my balloon to my car so the air would go outfast, fast enough to move my car. When I faced this challenge I knew that theballoon had to be up high on my car to make the air come out fast. I tried gluingand that didn’t work so then I tried folding up a flashcard and gluing that onto some straws that were pointed up on my car and then taped the balloon to theflashcard. This worked I was so happy when the car went. Something I wouldstill like to fix is having a better way of having the balloon secured onopposed to having it fly off sometimes. My favorite part about my scooter isthe material I used, the egg carton. I would like to give credit to Weezie forthis because if she hadn’t given me that tip I would still be trying to make mycar go.


No comments:

Post a Comment