Monday, February 6, 2012

Nicole's Newton's Scooter




Newton's 1st law says that, "An object in motion will stay in motion, and an object at rest will stay at rest, unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." This relates to my newton scooter, because my newton scooter stays at rest until the balloon lets out it's air, an unbalanced force, and pushes it forward. Newton's 3rd law states, "Forces always occur in equal and opposite pairs." This relates to my newton scooter because my balloon is blowing air, and creating the pulling force, and the friction is the equal force, until the pulling force overcomes the friction force, and my scooter moves forward. One of my challenges was making the wheels. I put CD's around three straws, and it worked really well, but when it rolled the straws rolled too, and I couldn't figure out how to attach my balloon to the wheels. Then, I took a piece of thin cardboard and loosely folded it around the straws, so that they could still turn, but they were still attached to the car. One thing I would change on my newton scooter is to make it more colorful. My favorite part of my newton scooter is my wheels. they work really well, and look really cool!
~Nicole W

No comments:

Post a Comment