Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cdavid's Mousetrap Newton Scooter


Newton's first law states that an object in motion stays in motion and an object at rest stays at rest unless an unbalanced force acts upon it.This law relates to my scooter in several ways. Firstly, my scooter will stay in the same place unless acted on by an unbalanced force, (aka the bow of the mouse trap). It will keep on going until friction slows it down and stops it. Newton's third law states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This law is evident in my scooter. When the bow snaps forward, the string pulls on the axle which makes the wheels spin. The wheels catch on the ground and make the car moves forward. I encountered many challenges along the way. When I first made my scooter, I put the wheels on backwards and had to redo the entire thing. I had to do a lot of tweaks to make it work but once I did, I was really proud. My favorite part of my scooter is the wheels. I spent a lot of time on them and they worked really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment